Other Mexico Sites – Our Top Picks
Please Note: these are in no particular order nor do we endorse any of them. We do make limited use of affiliate links throughout our site. These earn us a small amount if you purchase something by using the link. There is never a cost to you for doing this and it helps support us and offset a small portion of the costs associated with bringing you this site and its information. In some cases an affiliate link will result in a discount or bonus to you in addition to supporting us, so please use them.
(All external links will open in a new browser window or tab)
- Official government website listing the individual Consular websites throughout North America. If you want to know which Consulate is nearest to you, start here.
- Making it easy to compare cost of living indicators between locations, Numbeo compiles data from contributors living in each area and presents it in an easily readable format. Just enter the two places you want to compare. You can also use the site to compare other things like crime stats, housing costs, or quality of life.
- Making it easy to compare cost of living indicators between locations, Expatistan compiles data from contributors living in each area and presents it in an easily readable format. Just enter the two places you want to compare. You can also use the site to compare other things like crime stats, housing costs, or quality of life.
- Very informative site with lots of information, blog and newsletters, and you can purchase e-books too. Accuracy of information is good on this site.
- A small private beachside B&B providing a different kind of stay. Nearly a week-long personalized retirement seminar (no sales), packed with all kinds of information about moving to Mexico and specifically La Paz, is rolled into your stay. Only one couple at a time is taken, and you will be shown all the important facets of La Paz while being given the opportunity to discuss everything about moving to Mexico from the perspective of a Canadian couple who has done what you want to do.
- Very informative site focused on Yucatan but also with good general information about Mexico.
- A personal blog written by “Qroo Paul” about his family and their move to Quintana Roo. Paul is a retired deputy sheriff who has found a new calling as a blogger in Mexico. He has also produced a series of YouTube videos on learning Spanish for retirees moving to Mexico.
- Website of Spencer McMullen, a well known attorney in the Ajijic/Lake Chapala area who often writes articles for other sites.
Currency Exchange Sites
- Monito compares many of the popular currency exchanges so you can see at a glance which one is of most benefit to you.
- Transferwise is one of our top choices for currency exchange between Canada and Mexico. Use this affiliate link to get a FREE international money transfer of up to the equivalent of £500…